- “Too often, the LGBTQ community still faces discrimination in the workplace, in education, or when trying to find a home. It’s long overdue that we extend civil rights protections to the LGBTQ community and ensure equal treatment for all Americans under the law—regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or national origin.” (Link)
- “I’ve served w/ LGBTQ service members. I know they would give their life for me & I would give my life for them. It is this commitment that I will carry through as POTUS, because there are people who still face discrimination.” (Link)
- When we deny LGBTQ+ people the basic rights that exist for every American, we are denying their humanity - denying that they are equal. We are also creating a dangerous environment that breeds discrimination and violence. (Link)
- H.R.5 Equality Act of 2019 To prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and for other purposes.
- H.R.1244 — To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify that all provisions shall apply to legally married same-sex couples in the same manner as other married couples, and for other purposes.
- H.R 2532 Respect for Marriage Act
- H.R.2119 Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act of 2017, To prohibit, as an unfair or deceptive act or practice, commercial sexual orientation conversion therapy
- H.Res.124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals.