- “Criminal justice reform is a bipartisan issue. We can bring down costs and improve outcomes by implementing alternatives to incarceration.” (link)
- "Our outdated policies on marijuana are turning everyday Americans into criminals, tearing apart families, and wasting huge amounts of taxpayer dollars to arrest, prosecute, and incarcerate people for non-violent marijuana charges." (link)
- We must stand up against for-profit, private prisons and a criminal justice system that favors the rich and powerful and punishes the poor, locking up people who smoke marijuana and ignoring corps like Purdue Pharma responsible for thousands of opioid-related deaths. (link)
- As president I’ll end the failed war on drugs, legalize marijuana, end cash bail, and ban private prisons and bring about real criminal justice reform. (link)
Watch: Big Crooks Make Billions
- H.R. 5682 FIRST STEP Act reduce the prison population by strengthening evidence-based, rehabilitative programs for those who are incarcerated.
- H.R.1588 Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2019 amends the Controlled Substances Act to provide that the Act's regulatory controls and administrative, civil, and criminal penalties do not apply to with respect to marijuana. It removes marijuana and tetrahydrocannabinols from schedule I
- H.R.1587 Marijuana Data Collection Act of 2019 study on the effects of State legalized marijuana programs
- H.R. 459 Trafficking Survivors Relief Act To provide for the vacating of certain convictions and expungement of certain arrests of victims of human trafficking.
We need your help
This is a people-powered campaign and to stay competitive in this race we need about 5,000 new donors every week!
Will you join us and chip in today?