- “We must continue to speak up, today and each day, to guarantee equal pay for equal work, protect women's right to choose, and help build a society with the spirit of aloha where people are treated equally as human beings” (link)
- “It is time that women are given an equal voice in determining our health care options.”
- “One thing that I hear from women of all ages is a lot of self-doubt. And [I share] with them my own experience — I didn’t go through any political training — … but I understood what the most important qualification was: a sense of purpose and motivation toward serving others. The rest you can learn. [If] you’re rooted and grounded in understanding and knowing why you’re doing what you’re doing, then you’ll have the correct perspective to be able to persevere and let the arrows that are shot at you bounce off of you; it gives you that protective armor.” (link)
- H.Con.Res.40 — Supporting reproductive health care in the United States.
- H.R.1318 — To support States in their work to save and sustain the health of mothers during pregnancy, childbirth, and in the postpartum period, to eliminate disparities in maternal health outcomes for pregnancy-related and pregnancy-associated deaths, to identify solutions to improve health care quality and health outcomes for mothers, and for other purposes.
- H.R.3471 — To protect a woman’s right to determine whether and when to bear a child or end a pregnancy by limiting restrictions on the provision of abortion services.
- H.R.7 Paycheck Fairness Act To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages on the basis of sex, and for other purposes.
We need your help
This is a people-powered campaign and to stay competitive in this race we need about 5,000 new donors every week!
Will you join us and chip in today?