- “We need to protect Medicare and Social Security. We should always care for our kupuna and those who are unable to care for themselves; this is who we are. Many in Congress want to keep tax breaks for the wealthy and other "entitlements" and instead cut costs by sacrificing Medicare and Social Security in order to get our budget under control. Sacrificing Medicare and Social Security is not acceptable and I will stand up against such efforts.” (Link)
- “We need to reinvest in and expand our two major Social Security programs, Old-Age, Survivors, Insurance (OASI) and Disability Insurance (DI). Primarily, my administration will ensure Social Security's solvency by taking the trillions of tax dollars now spent on military spending and tax giveaways to the wealthiest American families and corporations and reinvesting them in these two Social Security programs.” (AFSCME questionnaire)
Watch: AARP Voter Guide: Representative Tulsi Gabbard
- H.R.860 — Social Security 2100 Act to protect our Social Security system and improve benefits for current and future generations.
- H.Res.968 — Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1902) to protect our Social Security system and improve benefits for current and future generations.
- H.R.3779 — Social Security Fraud Prevention Act of 2016 to prohibit federal departments and agencies from including the Social Security account number of any individual on any document sent by mail unless the department or agency head determines that inclusion of that Social Security number on the document is necessary.
We need your help
This is a people-powered campaign and to stay competitive in this race we need about 5,000 new donors every week!
Will you join us and chip in today?