- I love our freedom...The freedom that is enshrined in our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. The freedoms we fight to protect [including] the right to bear arms (Fourth of July email 2019)
- “The time for action is now. We cannot allow partisan politics to get in the way of taking meaningful action in areas where both parties agree and that have the support of most Americans across this country. Here are a few examples: Both Democrats and Republicans support legislation I have co-sponsored to ban bump stocks. Both Democrats and Republicans support legislation to uphold Second Amendment rights and strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Now is the time for us to come together and to take meaningful action towards responsible, common sense gun safety reform.” (Link)
Tulsi Calls for a Vote on Gun Safety Reform
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard: "Now is the time for to us come together and to take meaningful action towards responsible, common sense gun safety reform."
- H.R. 3947 Automatic Gunfire Prevention Act and H.R. 3999 to ban devices that speed up gunfire from semi-automatic weapons
- H.R. 2670 Protecting Domestic Violence and Stalking Victims Act ensuring domestic violence perps can’t buy firearms
- H.R.8 — Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019- To require a background check for every firearm sale